This is just the start of my list. TBG (To be grown):
- The Complete Book of Scales, Chords, Arpeggios & Cadences, See here
- This is just good to have – I reference mine all the time.
- Benner’s Theory for Piano Students, Books 1 – 5
- Essential. If you’re a beginner, start with book 1
- John W. Schaum’s Notespeller, Books 1 & 2
- This is good for my grade school beginners before we move into Benner
- Faber & Faber Adventure Series, See here
- They did such a great job making songs approachable and fun.
- The Piano Shop on the Left Bank, Thad Carhart, See here
- I savored this book and I plan on gifting it to every pianist (growing to professional) I know. The story is engaging and every chapter expounds on a different topic concerning the rich history and culture surrounding the piano.
- Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould
- I watched this documentary my senior year of college and I became nearly-obsessed with his recordings, the passionate works of Bach and the desire to one day spend an entire winter in a cabin with a piano.